POPULAR AND HIGHLY REGARDED RIGHT FROM THE START
1867 - The foundations of the present-day Hotel Kaiserin Augusta were laid.
1889 - Ernst Reinhardt took over the hotel as tenant, naming it after the second daughter of Weimar’s Grand Duke Charles Frederick, the eventual Empress Augusta, as a tribute to her social and cultural involvement in the city.
1908 - A southern wing and covered terrace (the present-day conservatory) were added.
1945 - Having survived World War II virtually unharmed, the hotel started being used as accommodation for Soviet Army officers. It was known as “Augusta” and HO-Gaststätte “Hotel International” in the early GDR days.
1991 - The heritage-listed building was bought and extensively renovated by the Schlenkhoff family and other investors. It has been a 3-star superior city and conference hotel ever since.
2004 - The property was renamed “Hotel Kaiserin Augusta” (previously InterCityHotel), and run as a private hotel.